Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Holiday's 2008

Well it is now January and the lovely holiday season is behind us. I don't know about you but it has been a whirl wind of activities. Our family started right after Thanksgiving with the traditional get together. We always do the "White Elephant" gift exchange and the wood fish platter was again given. This platter has been with us for about 15 years now. It pops up every year since Kirk and Carrie donated it. Some years it is wrapped in a big box, some years it is in a little sack with a note telling the lucky person it is theirs to keeps for another year.

The "Girls" got together at my house this year for dinner. We had made blankets this past year and collected various items to donate to the "Womens Shelter" in Midvale.


I spent Christmas Eve with Nate, Hillary and the kids. It is always so fun to see the wonder and joy in my little grandkids eyes Christmas morning!
Aly and I had a reunion with our very dear friends Bob and Diane Johnson and their girls Robyn and Kimberly. It was so great to visit with them. It is hard to think that our little girls (Aly and Robyn) are Moms now and all grown up and we are grandmas. Bob checked out my latest pictures of the grandkids and let me know his are cuter than mine, of course they are! He just hasn't met them yet, I know he will change his mind when he sees them in person! I am so glad that we had the chance to spend time with these very special people, it made my holiday one to remember.

Carrie and the Kids, her Mom, the Mechams (some family friends), Aly and me got together and cooked dinner for the Ronald McDonald house. This was a really neat experience and I am so glad I had the opportunity to participate. We spent some time at my house
making big pots of soup. Later in the day headed up town to deliver the food and serve it to the people staying there.
The last get together of the season was of course the unforgettable Utes/Bama football game. Carrie invited us all over, what fun!! Decorations, food and all kinds of red sweatshirts. Mikey is a very intense fan and doesn't get very far from the action. What a great game,WAY TO GO UTES!!
















6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your family has so many fun traditions. I'm so glad we got together with you guys! Every time my parents are in town, we say "We should really call LaDean and Aly..." but we never do. I'm glad it actually happened this time! It is weird to think that Aly and I were 10 when we moved to California, and now here we are. Geez! Anyway, we had a blast. Love you guys!

Hiller Family said...

Grandma's hold everything together and of course make the holidays unforgettable, sounds like you definitely are like my mom in that category. Were sorry we missed the breakfast we would have loved to see you guys!

Aly said...

What a great recap! The Holiday's are all such a blur...I really should do a recap as well! You did some wonderful charity things this year, it's nice to be in a position to give back isn't it?! Thanks for making all of our Holiday's so special mom they wouldn't be the same without you! You are such a generous and loving woman:)

Darcie said...

WOW!! That is a lot of family fun!! The best part of the Holiday's is all the family activites. Sounds like you made this Holiday season fulled with service and FUN!!! I wish we could have made the breakfast maybe next time!!! :)

Kimberly said...

It was so fun to see you over Christmas...we should make it a tradition!

Diane said...

Thanks for making time for us during the holidays. It was so great to be with you. I have been trying to do a holiday recap myself...just hasn't made it to the blog yet. Hopefully it will! Sure do love you!