Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Aly Sofia's Big Day

On a cold January 14th 2008 Grandma Deanie was lucky enough to spend the day with Max and Annie anxiously awaiting the arrival of their new baby sister.
Mom and Dad got up really early and made the trek to the hospital while we played games, watched TV, tapped our toes and melted a
couple of pacifiers on the stove instead of sterilizing them(Grandma Deanie was too busy playing games).
Around 3:00 in the afternoon Dad calls and tells us she is almost here and we better get to the hospital in a hurry. By this time Max is sacked out on the couch and boots are hiding. We find all the boots, coats, mittens and kids and get buckled into the van.
As we are flying down Bangerter I had an overwhelming feeling come over me and I start to cry uncontrollably.
Just then I heard Kirk's voice say to me "I am giving her to you guys now, take good care of her". I looked at my watch and we quietly made our way to the hospital.
We went in the wrong door and had to wander the halls before finally finding the room with our precious new addition.
She was beautiful and Aly promptly named her "Minnie".
I asked what time she arrived and it had been the exact time I heard from Kirk.
Our Minnie has been such an amazing addition to the family, she is funny, she is way to smart for her age and she makes me laugh all the time.
Happy First Birthday to my Aly Sofia!!
Love ~ Grandma Deanie

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Has it really been a year already? Wow. Time goes by so fast! She is such a doll. Happy Birthday little cutie!

Aly said...

Awww, that was so sweet mom! I loved that you posted what happened that day...I love your side of the story:) It was so cute and funny and touching. You are such a wonderful mother and grandmother, I love you.

I loved the part about the binkies:)

Aly said...

P.S. And I REALLY LOVE the part about Kirk!!

Unknown said...

Geez! That made me cry...how neat is that? Kirk really is watching over you guys! I can't believe our babies are turning 1!

Hiller Family said...

What a sweet post. It brought tears to my eyes hearing about Kirk. Stories like this make me appreciate the gospel even more and the truth we know about eternal families. Happy Birthday Minnie!

Diane said...

How sweet! I cried too! What an amazing experience. It just reassures me that those who have gone before us still care about us and are still very much a part of our lives here.

Darcie said...

I am with Robyn that made me cry. That was sweet and i am glad that you shared that story about feeling Kirk. :)

Betsy said...

That was a very touching post :)

Diane said...

Thanks for Sartori's blog address. Russia...wow! I'm jealous that you got to see everyone at the farewell. You're right...we do need to go to girls camp again. Would that be fun or what?!

Aly said...

Mmm that looks good
Love
Annie

Aly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.