Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Cow has been taken hostage!



She is a pretty little cow.
Spends most of her time on the fridge.
Just hanging out with her little magnets on the back of her head and hooves.
Good natured little cow with blank stare on her face most of the time.
She used to hang out on my desk at work, but I brought her home, thought she would like it better there.
The grandkids all love her, always wanted to take her home, but no, she is grandma's toy.
So to my horror when I came back from Aly's house, walked in my door and there in the bottom of an empty Halloween candy dish was my little cow...
Completely wrapped up with every single elastic that had been hung on the pantry door knob.
She was a prisoner, a hostage, who could have done this?
Nate, Hillary and the kids had been staying over the night before. Hillary saw Natalie acting suspiciously, questioned her and she just said "don't look at me" as she lurked around the fridge area of the kitchen.
She couldn't have, could she?
It might have been the cat, he does tend to be a little jealous.
I just don't know.
Anyway she is okay, I rescued her from the elastics and candy dish.


She is back to hanging out on the fridge with her little blank stare.

7 comments:

Aly said...

That was too funny! Poor little fridge cow, I guess atleast it wasn't Tucker strangled by the rubber bands:)

I'm not sure what was funnier, the giggles that you got over it or the blog post!

Darcie said...

I am slways amazed at the things that happen when we are not watching. Glad to hear that your little cow is okay!!!

The pumpkin and mummy was made out of clay pot wrapped with mulism (i think that is what is called) You bough a large sheet and rip 2 inch strips, just hot glue as you twist and turn. The nose on the mummy is a cotton ball under the wrap and I just painted the orange on the pumpkin. SO EASY!!! I think it took me 15-20 minutes to make both!! If you have ??? just call me at (435)843-8896 or email me @ Darcieevans@msn.com and I will be glad to help:)

Jilly said...

Deanie that is so funny, I love kids they are so sneaky! Thanks for stopping by my blog I thought that I would try it because alot of girls at work have one, and its quite fun!

Hiller Family said...

Love the story hee hee. I don't know what it is but nothing is safe at Grandma's. However he is pretty cute so no wonder no one can keep their hands off him..

The Wibergs said...

Poor cow. Glad she's ok and back to her usual spot on the fridge. :)

Diane said...

Good save. Glad she's ok and you haven't needed to call in CSI. Looks like she will recover quite nicely from her bondage. Cute post!!

Kimberly said...

That was so funny! I remember Robyn and I would take Michaels favorite pound puppy and hang him from things to tease him. The things kids do for entertainment.