Monday, September 15, 2008

Six out Eleven Ain't Bad!
















So a couple of weeks ago Aly asked if her and the kids could come Friday night and stay over so she could go to swim lessons on Saturday morning and I could keep an eye on the little ones.
No problem, that would be fun.
She said she had a wedding dinner to go to on Saturday and I offered to keep Max and Annie while she went. It will be fun!
Friday night Nate calls and they are driving down so they can visit and go to the wedding dinner on Saturday night.
I know you are watching Max and Annie but would you mind if we brought Logan and Natalie?
No problem. It will be fun!
Saturday morning Meggie calls and asked if she could come and help me watch the cousins while the parents go to the wedding dinner.
That would be great. It will be fun!
Saturday afternoon Carrie calls and said Morgan was feeling a little left out cause the cousins are gathering at Grandma's house and would it be okay if she came with Meggie.
Not a problem. It will be fun!
Saturday afternoon at around 4:oo pm there are now six grandkids between the ages of three to eleven gathered at Grandma's condo.
No problem. It will be fun.
Logan: Can we go play on the play ground?
Grandma: Sure
Annie: I just saw a really big bee, don't go out there!
Logan: Put the "Mutant Ninja Turtles" in the DVD player.
All Granddaughters: Nooo!
Everyone sits or stands transfixed to the end of the movie.
Grandma: Anyone hungry yet?
No
Nope
Not now
Ten minute later
Natalie: I'm hungry, I want Mac n Cheese now.
Grandma: Okay, I'll have ready in about 10 minutes.
30 seconds later
Natalie: I'm hungry.
Grandma: I'm hurrying.
Natalie: I want Mac n Cheese now!
Thirty minutes later..
All kids fed and dishes done.
Ten minutes later
Six kids bored, milling around starting to form gangs in the back bedroom.
Meggie suggests a coloring contest.
Good idea!
Great pictures, Grandma judges the contest and everybody wins!
Prize? Candy of course.
No one can agree on what movie to watch next.
"Enchanted" is the next and the boys decide to watch Mutant Ninja turtles again on Grandma's laptop instead.
Five minutes later...
Logan standing beside Grandma's chair smiling, totally enchanted by "Enchanted".
watches to the end.
Kids getting restless again, another movie started, some sporadic bickering has erupted over which plastic chair goes where, some suggestions made that Natalie might be "stinky".
She denies it.
Meggie has another stroke of genius and suggests "Freeze Dancing".
Big hit, everyone involved with smiles.
Dance, dance, dance..stop, giggle, giggle..
Dance,giggle, dance, stop
Conga line! Grandma gets to be in front.
giggle,giggle
Logan and Max are reminded this is not tackle dancing.
Door bell rings
Aly and Hillary enter with two hungry screaming babies in tow and are very surprised to see Grandma not only survived but had a great time. It was fun!






14 comments:

Darcie said...

Grandma are the BEST!! Sounds like you had a great time!!!

Hiller Family said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. My kids love going to grandma's, doesn't matter why, or when it is always the best.

Aly said...

Annie and Max had so much fun! They are way excited to come this Friday! Thank you for being such a wonderful grandmother...they will have these memories forever!

daveandvicky said...

Freeze dancing and color contest. Great ideas. Grandkids are so much fun. You are a cute grandma.

Kimberly said...

I love the way you described your day with the kids...it made me want to come over and play!

SuperCoolMom said...

Thanks for the new frosting recipe! I will definitely be trying it soon! Probably by the spoonful!

Sounds like you deserve the Grandma of the Year Award for that one!

Unknown said...

I'm impressed! You're so lucky to live so close to your grandkids!

Diane said...

I'll bet my kids will read this and wish they could adopt you. You are such a fun grandma!

Betsy said...

Grandma's are priceless..

The Wibergs said...

Way to go Grandma! I bet the kids LOVE to come to your house!

Supercool Hotmama said...

Hey Deanie! Come back and snag that Palin poster! I was hoping it would spread! I got it off an email that I received. Just right click on it, copy as, save it in a file on your computer, and then add it on blogger by browsing your computer for it!

Chuck said...

Wow... that is all I can say. Just thinking about all of the action makes me nervous. But you are very skilled in child management. I am not.

Thank you for taking care of the kids for us.

B-bop said...

I am fameis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deanie said...

grandma thanks for leting me come over and help babby sit love megie ps it was a blast!!!!!!!!