Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy and Sad

My new grandbaby is coming on Saturday June 21st. I just got off the phone with Hillary and the doctor said he is big enough and ready, he just doesn't know it so they are going to help him along. I am going to go stay with them to take care of Logan and Natalie, what fun! This will give me eleven beautiful grandchildren. I am looking forward to meeting this new little guy and snuggle him to smell that "New Baby" smell. I can hardly wait to post pictures!

On a sad note, I just found out that a daughter of one of my "Bunco" friends has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and is at Huntsman being treated. Unfortunately I understand what she is going through and I just felt the need to post the poem that I read and reread when my boys were going through this. I hope in my lifetime there is a cure and that no one has to go through any more pain and heartache.

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy Peace
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot steal eternal Life
It cannot conquer the Spirit

Author Unknown

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your (almost) new grandbaby! Pretty exciting. Love that new baby smell! That was a neat poem about cancer...sort of puts things into perspective! I wish you'd never had to experience it first hand. Your family is such a good example to me! Love ya!

Betsy said...

I am happy for you. I am also sad that cancer once again touches your life.

Aly said...

UGH, I get this nice nauseating feeling when we have to talk about stuff like the "C" word...we should probably do something for them.

Very exciting about the baby coming...that's something positive to dwell on:)!!!

Diane said...

New babies are the best! Congratulations on a new grandbaby! Can't wait to see pictures! That poem was really touching. I agree with Robyn about it putting things in perspective. I guess these experiences are what make us and shape us. We are here to experience the best of times and the worst of times. Lucky we have our family and friends to both celebrate and cry with.

Kimberly said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby! I can't believe you have 11...wow!

It's so funny, Robyn said everything I was thinking to say. I really love that new baby smell too! A two-year old doesn't quite do it anymore.

Aly said...

MOM, we need to see baby pictures and you are the one with them...SO GET POSTING!!! CHOP, CHOP :)

SuperCoolMom said...

Oh, thanks for sharing that poem! I was recently blessed to see a friend sing in a quartet, she's been a survivor for two years. I was in tears thinking how fortunate we are to still have her. Good luck to your friend and her family!

Congrats on the new grandbaby! Thanks for your tip on the pie crust! I'll give it a try! Come by my public blog sometime: hotmamashouse dot blogspot dot com, I love making new blogfriends!