Thursday, November 20, 2008

Four years have passed, since you were set free
From the earthly trials, that would not let you be
Your laugh, your smile, your gentle loving touch
These are the things I miss so very much
My tiny son, wrapped within my arms so new
You grew each day, straight and strong and true
To live and learn, laugh and play
Your Father and I loved you more each passing day
A brother, a father, a husband, a son
To those of us here, you are that special one
I miss you Kirk, more than I can say
Do you know my thoughts, do you hear my words, each and every day
You left too soon, were gone so fast
From the happy times, the funny times, I thought would always last
The years and days and hours tick by
Filled with thoughts of you, building kingdoms on high
Your in my heart, my hopes, my dreams
Not far away, yet very far, or so it often seems
So grow my son, my precious son, straight and strong and true
And do your work, that special work, our Father chose for you
Love, Mom

8 comments:

Deanie said...

Dear Mom,
Your poem for Kirk was sooo beautiful and touching! I loved every word of it and I can't even begin to describe how emotional it made me...it made my heart ache for him..and for you.
You are very talented Deanie...your words really captured the essence of a mother's loss, love, and pride.

I love you so much! Thanks for writing that about our Kirk. I'm sure it must have been a great release for your spirit to write about him and I'll bet it made him smile when he read it....I think he did!!!!

Love Ya,

Carrie

PS Go UTES!!!!! Kirk would smile about this also :)

daveandvicky said...

What a beautiful tribute. He was a lucky guy to have such a talented mom. And Kirk was the best. He always had a smile and a kind word for everyone. He was selfless in his great love for family and friends.

Aly said...

Your poem is so beautiful mom. I miss him so much.

Darcie said...

That was very touching!!! You can see how much you love and miss him. I am thankful that we know that we will beable to see them again.

He was always so nice. He always had this GREATEST smile.

Betsy said...

Though it has been four years. I am still sorry for your loss. I believe though he is just waiting for the rest of you to join him.

teej said...

LaDean:
I have to admit that I am a blog-stocker, and when Darcie found you I have been viewing your blog. When I saw that Mikey had an anniversary, I knew that another "anniversary" was coming and one that wasn't such a joyous occassion. My dad has a picture of the scouts when kirk was in his group, and everytime I visit I think of Kirk and your cute family. Hope all is well...I miss you!!
Melissa Evans (Wallace)

Kimberly said...

Oh, LaDean! What a wonderful mother you are! You are so talented with words. Thank you for sharing this special poem with us... I loved it!

Diane said...

We have such sweet memories of Kirk, and are so happy is a part of our lives. This was a beautiful tribute!